Hepatitis and chronic alcohol abuse are frequent causes. Liver damage caused by cirrhosis can't be undone, but further damage can be limited. Initially patients may experience fatigue, weakness and weight loss. During later stages, patients may develop jaundice (yellowing of the skin), gastrointestinal bleeding, abdominal swelling and confusion. Treatments focus on the underlying cause. In advanced cases, a liver transplant may be needed.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Liver Cirrhosis
- Arogyavardhini is an effective ayurvedic medicine for liver. It is a compound of katuki and calx that protects the patient from other effects of cirrohosis such as jaundice. Arogyavardhini works by reviving the atrophied cells. This medicine is available in both the tablet and churna form.
- Katuki is another helpful drug. It is available in powder form. Mix one teaspoon of katuki powder with equal amount of honey and take it thrice a day. This medicine facilitates the liver to produce more bile thus relieving liver congestion and pain. Besides this, it also stimulates affected tissues for normal functioning.
- Take one teaspoon of bhringaraja juice thrice a day. If you find that taste is bitter then you can mix little honey to it. Bhringaraja is useful for patients with infantile liver cirrhosis.
- Vasaka, kakamachi and triphala are some other ayurvedic medicines that can help.
Ayurvedic Home Remedies for Liver Cirrhosis
- Papaya seeds are useful for cirrhosis, especially for alcoholic liver cirrhosis. These seeds can either be taken in raw form or can be grinded to get juice. For best result mix one tablespoon of this juice with ten drops of fresh lime juice, take it for a month.
- If liver cirrhosis has complicated to jaundice then bitter luffa’s (karvi torai) juice can be given to patient. Another way to deal with jaundice is mix juice of radish leaves with half a litre of water. This will improve appetite and facilitates evacuation of bowels. Most of jaundice patients have reported positive results within eight to ten days.
- If jaundice has developed then increase intake of fresh buttermilk.
- Make sure that you follow healthy diet plan with regular meals. Avoid proteins and sugar rich food. Only high quality protein such as goat milk, cottage cheese and almonds can be taken by patients of liver cirrhosis. Pulses and legumes must be avoided.
- At VARDHAN AYURVEDA , we are providing highly effective treatment for Liver Cirrhosis. Our treatment involves Shodana chikitsa (detoxification through Panchakarma procedures), Shamana chikitsa (Palliative researched Ayurvedic medicines) and Kayakalpa (rejuvenation). Our treatment is useful in improving the liver heath and preventing further damage.