Ageing is the natural process of living. The liquid and protein content of the cartilage of the body shifts as we age. This change results in shorter, more fragile, and thin cartilage. Because both the discs and the joints that heap the vertebrae of the spine are partly composed of cartilage, these areas are subjected to wear and tear over time (degenerative changes). The gradual deterioration of the disc between the vertebrae referred to as "Degenerative Disc Disease." Damage of the facet cartilage and the structural changes of the adjacent joint referred to as degenerative facet joint disorder or osteoarthritis of the spine.
Degeneration of the disc medically referred to as "Spondylosis." Spondylosis can record on X-Ray tests or MRI scanning of the spine as a narrowing of the usual "disc space" between the adjacent vertebrae.
Degeneration of the disc tissue makes the disc more sensitive to 'herniation' and can produce local pain in the affected area. Any level of the vertebrae can be affected by disc degeneration. When disc degeneration affects the spine of the neck, it referred to as "Cervical Disc Disease." When the mid-back is changed, the condition referred to as "Thoracic Disc Disease." Disc degeneration that affects the lumbar spine seen as "Lumbar Disc Disease or Lumbago." Lumbago produces pain localized to the low back and is common in older people.
In the past, a patient suffering from disc problems may have prescribed pain killers/medications, instructed to refrain from physical activities, referred for physiotherapy, received steroidal shots or injections, and when they weren't progressing, they suggest spinal surgery. Only 5% of back pains require surgeries, and the other 95% can deal with conservative & curative Ayurveda panchakarma chikitsa & rejuvenation procedures.
Today, you may not have to live with discomfort any more. Meru chikitsa (Ayurveda neuro therapy) facilitates patients to return to more active lifestyles. Marma chikitsa, along with Vatahara chikitsa and Brumhana chikitsa given utmost importance.
Ayurveda Treatments for Disc Problems mainly include,
- Abhyangam (a whole body massage with specific herbal oils, achieves most profound healing effects by naturally harmonizing body, mind, soul and the senses),
- Nadi Swedam (medicated steam bath),
- Elakizhi (herbal leaf bundle massage),
- Pizhichil (medicated oil bath),
- Kati Vasthi,
- Greeva Vasthi (a treatment done on to the back to decrease spinal compression),
- Vasthi (medicated enema),
Virechanam (purgation) and other ayurvedic procedures are performed according to the severity, age of the patient for 7/14/21/28 days, thus treating the underlying cause of the disease without any side effects.
Ayurveda provides the best treatments and cure for all the spinal ailments like Herniated Discs, Bulging Discs, Degenerative Disc Disease, And Sciatica Syndrome, Spondylosis (Cervical /Lumbar/ Ankylosing) with accuracy and without recurrence. Spondylosis treatment in Hyderabad has firmly gained the success rate.
We at Vardhan Ayurveda Hospital, since 1999 with 7 branches(Basheerbagh, Tarnaka, Banjara Hills, Vijayawada, Rajahmundry, Kurnool, and Tirupati) across Andhra Pradesh & Telangana have treated more than 5 lakh patients and avoided 2 Lakh + Surgeries by giving The Best Treatments for "Degenerative Disc Disease" with high success rates through Ayurveda.