Acne Vulgaris is the chronic skin disease known as Acne. It involves blackheads, whiteheads, oily skin, pimples, or scaring. Acne occurs when the excess sebum clogs hair follicles. Production of sebum is healthy for the skin but, excess sebum leads to acne vulgaris. Breakouts are mostly visible on face, neck, chest, shoulders, and back. Acne is usually seen in adolescence and may extend to adulthood if it is severe. Acne can have intensity from mild to severe. Clogged pores limited to face is mild acne and painful red bumps underlying skin can be severe acne. Multiple acne forms appear on the skin surface due to massive inflammation of the skin.
Types of Acne
- Whiteheads: These are small whitish and circular shaped bumps. Whiteheads can occur due to excess oil on the face.
- Blackheads: A little widened black and circular shaped bump, produced due to excess oil. When whiteheads expose to air, they turn into blackheads.
- Papules: When whiteheads or blackheads damage the skin around it, then papules occur. These are swollen solid pink bumps under the skin surface. Papules cause inflammation.
- Pimple: A pink or red colour based tender bumps filled with white or yellow pus. Dead cells and bacterial cells form the pimple.
- Causes of Acne
- Ingrown hair
- Hormonal changes
- Dead skin cells
- Bacterial infection
- Excess oil
- Sunlight exposure
- Excess Makeup usage
Acne is the result of multiple reasons. If taken care at the primary stage this can be cured or controlled from progressing severely. Acne in women is mostly due to hormonal imbalance, irregular menses and excess usage of birth control pills. Irregular sleeping habits can impact the health of the skin.
AYURVEDA Treatment for Acne Vulgaris
The ancient Indian treatment popularly known as Ayurveda is the process to cure diseases with natural therapies and Ayurvedic medicines. With two decades of excellence in Indian ayurvedic treatment across Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, we at Vardhan Ayurvedic Hospital have been serving more than four Lakh patients till now. It is our solemn responsibility to continue forward the Ayurveda, which has been a pride of Indian treatment.
Acne Vulgaris is also known as Yauvan pidika. Our skin has an internal relationship with the glands and the veins, and any abnormalities cause a reaction on the skin surface resulting in skin diseases. The Ayurveda treatment starts with the measure to cease the on-going aggregation of the dosha in the body, as the digestive system targeted at first for eliminating impurities by implementing appropriate dosha diet. Later on, outer skin cells are purified.
- Abhyanga: This is the technique to nourish your skin tissues. Special herbal oils are used to massage the skin in Abhyanga.
- Swedana: It is an excellent stream treatment.
- Nasya: It is an ayurvedic treatment for Heat therapies of forehead and face.
- Dough Basti: An ancient ayurvedic treatment of using medicated oils in the center of dough.
- Anuvasana Basti: Medicated oil enema used for toning the colon and the nervous system; it also removes excess vata in the body. It is one of the primary therapies of Panchakarma.
With the Ayurveda treatment and proper diet, this condition can cure. Ayurveda treatments are relaxing and rejuvenating by cleansing inner and outer impurities in the body.