The term MOTOR NEURON DISEASE (MND) denotes a heterogeneous group of diseases with varied Causes, Signs, and Symptoms but with the common pathology affecting the Motor Neurons (UMN & LMN) of the Spinal cord, Brain stem and Motor Cortex. The condition is Degenerative, Progressive, and has a Fatal outcome. Degeneration of the motor neurons starts to defect and wasting of muscles, creating rising loss of mobility in the limbs, and difficulties with speech, swallowing and breathing.
There are four main Types of MND. They are:
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS): It is the most common form, with both upper and lower motor neuron involvement. This form of the disease is characterized by weakness and wasting in the limbs.
- Progressive bulbar palsy (PBP): Affects about a quarter of people diagnosed, and involves both the upper and lower motor neurons. Symptoms may involve slurring of speech or trouble swallowing.
- Progressive muscular atrophy (PMA): Affects only a small proportion of people, mainly causing damage to the lower motor neurons. Early symptoms may notice as weakness or clumsiness of the hand.
- Primary lateral sclerosis (PLS): A rare form of MND including the upper motor neurons, creating mainly weakness in the lower limbs, although some people may experience clumsiness in the hands or speech problems.
Symptoms of MND are:
Clinical Picture of MND is varied. The progression of the disease can be rapid and result in death within a year of onset, or it may be slow in progress, extending over several years.
- Cramps are an early symptom of predating Wasting & Weakness.
- The clumsiness of one hand for skilled activity and later for gross activity, which then involves the opposite hand with marked wasting of small muscles of the hand, is characteristic.
- Wasting, flaccidity, and loss of tendon reflexes are seen.
- Spasticity of the limbs, difficulty in walking, spastic gait, inability to hold the objects in the hands are noticed.
- Difficulty in swallowing first for liquids and then for solids (Dysphagia) is also noticed.
- Speech is affected progressively in articulation (dysarthria) & phonation (dysphonia).
- Emotional disability is also seen.
- Weight loss is marked in MND.
Ayurveda is a time tested system of healing for more than 5000 years and has greater responsibility and role to play in chronic degenerative diseases and prophylactic care. Ayurvedic treatment for MND in Hyderabad has firmly gained the success rate.
Motor Neuron Disease Treatment is usually very long and is a “kasta sadhya roga,” and ayurvedic management surely arrests the further degeneration and prolongs the life of the patients.
Chikitsa, according to Ayurveda, is the measures calculated for the removal of Causative Factors and to restore doshic equilibrium. MND is a disease of Vata. Here the Normalcies of Vata like its Gunas & Karmas are being affected. The Ayurvedic Treatment aims to produce Brumhana or Santarpana (Nourishing), Vatahara, and Anulomana chikitsa. Panchakarma Procedures & Rejuvenation Therapies for Motor Neuron Disease is done with utmost Care and Concern.
We at Vardhan Ayurveda Hospital, since 1999 with 7 branches (Basheerbagh, Tarnaka, Banjara Hills, Vijayawada, Rajahmundry, Kurnool, and Tirupati) across Andhra Pradesh & Telangana, with a proven methodology, with zero side effects have treated more than 5 Lakh happy customers. We provide the Best Treatments for “Motor Neuron Disease” with high success rates through Ayurveda.