Jaundice is caused by an infection which distorts the liver into malfunctioning. It is unable to produce the normal amount of bile needed for maintaining the functions of body cells and tissues. Due to unhealthy body cells and tissues, the skin and more noticeably the white of eyes get a yellow tint. In Ayurvedic treatment of Jaundice, the disease is considered an imbalance of pitta, one of the three body humours. The intestinal region is full of toxins causing the imbalance. These toxins need to be flushed out to restore balance and bring the immune system back to normal.
Apart from Ayurvedic medicines for treating the condition, certain diet precautions and recommendations are also given. Avoidable foods are chocolate, cakes, ice cream, spicy food, alcohol, non-vegetarian food and in general any kind of heavy food. Foods that are recommended as an aid in the curative process are vegetables such as tomatoes and radish, and dry fruits such as dried date, almond and cardamom.
Increased intake of oily, spicy, sour, salty, alkaline, penetrating and very hot foods; alcohol; and sesame oil cause Pitta (Ayurvedic humor representing Fire) aggravation. The aggravated Pitta then impairs the blood and the muscle tissue of the liver, causing blockage in the channels of the liver and thus Pitta (in the form of bile) is thrown back into the blood leading to discoloration of the eyes and skin. Sleeping in the daytime, excessive physical work, overindulgence in sexual activity, suppressing the natural urges of the body, and psychological factors like lust, fear, anger, and stress can also be causative factors in cases of Jaundice. Before beginning Ayurvedic Jaundice treatment, Jiva doctor evaluates all of these causes to provide precise, root-cause treatment.
Ayurvedic Jaundice Treatment
Ayurvedic Jaundice treatment involves pacifying aggravated body energies using herbs that stimulate the function of the liver and increase the flow of bile in the bile duct. Digestion is also restored with the help of a customized diet plan to ensure efficient metabolism.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
- Avoid hot, spicy, oily, and heavy foods; eat a vegetarian diet.
- Avoid refined flour, polished rice (white rice), mustard oil, mustard seeds, asafetida, peas, canned and preserved foods, cakes, pastries, chocolates, alcoholic beverages, and aerated drinks.
- Increase intake of whole-wheat flour, brown rice or parboiled rice, mangoes, bananas, tomatoes, spinach, potatoes, Indian gooseberries (amla), grapes, radishes, lemons, dried dates, raisins, almonds, and cardamom.
- Avoid unnecessary exercise and stressful conditions such as anxiety or anger.
- Take complete rest.
- Avoid working under the sun or near boilers and furnaces.
Vardhan Ayurveda Hospital in Hyderabad Gives Best Ayurveda Treatment for Jaundice. Treatment at Vardhan Ayurveda gives you complete cure form Jaundice disease.