Eczema is a common skin condition caused by inflammation of the skin. Eczema is the group of conditions, which causes Itchy and red patches of skin to appear on hands, face, cheeks or legs. This skin condition flares-up for a few reasons. Eczema can range from mild to severe. It is known as Atopic Dermatitis, which appears mostly in infants, children, and people aged around thirty. Generally, this condition reduces with increasing age. It might be common in infants, but many will outgrow this condition before adulthood.
Eczema is not contagious. You will not catch it from other people. Roughly, 40% of the worldwide population has different types of eczema. It is a cause of genetic and environmental reasons. Various factors trigger it. When any of the allergens trigger your immune system, it causes inflammation and increases symptoms of Eczema.
Types of Eczema:
Eczema is the dry, itchy skin often appears with a red rash. This chronic condition is of few types as below,
1. Contact Dermatitis: When our skin is in contact with any allergen, our immune system triggers and causes burning, itchy and inflamed skin reaction. Irritant contact dermatitis and allergic contact dermatitis are common contact dermatitis. Metals are most commonly known irritant for Contact Dermatitis.
2. Dyshidrotic Dermatitis: This condition produces small itchy blisters on the fingers, palms, and soles of the feet. This condition is most common in women. Dyshidrotic causes itchy, scale patches that become cracked and painful.
3. Nummular Dermatitis: Nummular Dermatitis is also known as Discoid Eczema. It develops coin-shaped dark spots on the skin. Insect bites, dry skin or reaction to skin inflammation may be the reason.
4. Seborrheic Dermatitis: It is the cause of genes and hormone condition. Yeast developed on the body will trigger the Seborrheic Dermatitis. It is more common in Men than Women.
5. Stasis Dermatitis: This is also known as gravitational dermatitis. Problems with the blood flow in the veins cause pressure on fluids to leak from the skin. It appears on the lower legs.
Symptoms of Eczema:
- Redness and rashes
- Open Areas
- Greasy and Swollen skin
- Round coin-shaped spots
- Fluid-filled blisters
Factors that Trigger Eczema are:
In the case of Eczema, the immune system in our body responds profoundly and causes inflammation.The cause of eczema varies from person to person. Eczema may trigger with one or more factors, such as,
- Temperature changes and smoke
- Raised body temperature
- Upper Respiratory Infections
- Food allergies (mostly dairy products and Acidic food)
- Animal Dander and pollen
- Clothes (Synthetic fabrics, rough, scratchy material, woolen)
- Some Paints, soaps, fragrances, detergents, solvents, bleach and chemicals in other products
Ayurveda Treatment for Eczema
The ancient Indian treatment popularly known as Ayurveda is the process to cure diseases with natural therapies and Ayurvedic medicines. With two decades of excellence in Indian ayurvedic treatment across Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, we at Vardhan Ayurvedic Hospital have been serving more than four Lakh patients till now. It is our solemn responsibility to continue forward the Ayurveda, which has been a pride of Indian treatment.
Our skin has an internal relationship with the glands and the veins, and any abnormalities cause a reaction on the skin surface resulting in eczema. In Ayurveda, Eczema is similar to Vicharchika. Firstly, the pathogen factor which causes sensitivities removed. Then, procedures of external and internal remedial methods and lastly unction. Following Ayurvedic treatments are used for curing Eczema,
- Vamana: Emesis therapy is known as an effective treatment for Pitta and Kapha excess. Improvement can be after this treatment.
- Virechana: It is also known as Purgative therapy. In Virechana therapy, wastes from the body are removed. It cleanses the primary site of Pita.
- Basti: It is also known as Enema Therapy. Basti purifies the colon and nourishes the body.
- Rakta Mokshana: It is also known as bloodletting. In India, leeches used for this treatment. Drawing of vitiated blood helps create new blood.
- Rasayana Therapy: This Rejuvenation therapy improves tissue nutrition.
Along with Panchkarma treatment, one should follow a proper diet by having nutritious food to cure skin diseases.